Why share your first-person, possibly embellished, life story here?
- Your story will reach a new audience because I promote every post to my networks on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Your story will be linked back to your own blog and that will help you build your readership numbers.
- It's a fun experiment in community-building.
I hate rules, but here are two I'd like you to respect.
- No erotica. It's not that I want to be anyone's moral police, but the internet has lots of homes and huge followings for that kind of first-person, embellished story. My goal is to build a home for all the other stories in this broad genre.
- Please comment on (at least) one other writer's story before you post your story or a link to your blog here. As writers, we all love feedback on our work, so make someone smile today by letting them know their words made an impact. Then share your link and wait to receive your own virtual high-fives!
How to get your embellished life tale posted.
- If you have a blog and a specific story you'd like to share, drop the link to your story into the comments on this page. I'll take it from there.
- If you don't have a blog but have a story to share, just paste the whole story as a comment. I'll take it from there. Be sure to include your name! And, if you want me to let you know your story's been added to My Embellished Life, provide an email address. I'll delete the info quickly so your address isn't left online for spam-bots to find.
I include one photo with each story so if your original post has one, I'll copy the URL and add it to your post on My Embellished Life. (I'm told this will be good for your own blog's search results...).
If you don't provide a photo, I'll find one online.
Questions? Comments? Observations?
You know where to put them! ... in the comment box below ...
And if you like this project, consider giving it a Google +1. That will help us find more writers with embellished (or not!) life stories to share and more readers for our tales.